September 9, 2019
Mauritius will host a visit from Pope Francis on September 9, 2019. Traffic may be extremely congested, and emergency services’ ability to respond, such as ambulances and police, may be impeded. The availability of taxis or other transportation services may be severely limited. Restaurants and grocery stores may be closed.
The U.S. Embassy in Port Louis will be closed on September 9, 2019 for the declared Mauritian national holiday honoring the visit of Pope Francis. The Consular Section will provide only emergency services during this period.
U.S. Embassy to Mauritius, Seychelles and Réunion: (https://mu.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/)
- Tel: + (230) 202-4400 U.S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius
- Tel: + (230) 5 253 3641 After-hours life-and-death emergency number
- Tel: + (248) 422-5256 U.S. Consular Agency, Victoria, Seychelles
- Email Consular Section U.S. Embassy Port Louis: PTLConsular@state.gov
- Tel: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444 State Department – Consular Affairs
- Please see travel warnings and alerts on the Department of State webpage http://travel.state.gov.
- Mauritius Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Mauritius.html
- Seychelles Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Seychelles.html
- To receive security updates, please enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/step.html
- Follow us on Facebook