The U.S. Embassy in Port Louis informs U.S. citizens that due to a small fire the embassy will be closed on Monday, June 19, until further notice. There will be no visa services or routine American Citizens Services available. U.S. citizens with emergences should call 230-5-253-3641 for assistance.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Mauritius Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Port Lois located at on the fourth floor of the Rogers House on John F. Kennedy Street in Port Louis, Mauritius, telephone 230-202-4432; and the after-hours life-and-death emergency number is telephone 230-5-253-3641.3.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.