Event: The Department of State, in close coordination with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has adjusted the travel advisory for Mauritius.
Mauritius – Level 4: Do not travel due to COVID-19 and related restrictions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Mauritius due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Mauritius. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 related restrictions and conditions in Mauritius.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Mauritius:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web pageregarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebookand Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reportfor Mauritius.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius
o 4th Floor, Rogers House
o John Kennedy Avenue
o +230 202 4400
- U.S. Consular Agency Victoria, Seychelles
o 2nd Floor Oliaji Trade Centre, Victoria
o +248 422 5256
- State Department – Consular Affairs
o 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444