Location: Mauritius, Seychelles, and Réunion (France)
Event: There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Mauritius, Seychelles, or Réunion (France), however, the growing number of cases outside of China has resulted in increased screenings and potential 14-day quarantines. Local authorities may impose additional border restrictions for travelers arriving by air and sea as the global impact of COVID-19 evolves. The U.S. Embassy in Port Louis, Mauritius, and the U.S. Consular Agency in Victoria, Seychelles, continue to operate normally.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care right away, if you traveled to a known affected area and feel sick or were exposed to someone who traveled to affected areas in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius U.S. Citizen Services
- +(230) 202-4400
- S. Consular Agency, Victoria, Seychelles
- +(248) 422-5256
- After-hours life-and-death emergency +(230) 5253-3641
- State Department – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Mauritius Country Specific Information
- Seychelles Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook