Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius (December 3, 2021)
Location: Mauritius, Seychelles, and Reunion (Fr)
Event: On November 26, the White House announced a travel restriction for certain travelers physically present within the Republic of Botswana, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Malawi, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of South Africa, and the Republic of Zimbabwe due to the detection of a variant of the SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The policy does not apply to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and certain other categories of travelers. See the text of the announcement here. The new restrictions and requirements took effect on November 29.
As always, U.S. citizens are reminded that transportation schedules can change without notice. Please check with airlines/carriers regarding flight cancellations and/or restrictions and keep apprised of the testing and vaccine requirements for any country you are transiting. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to have a departure plan that does not depend on U.S. government assistance. U.S. citizens are also encouraged to read our webpage on What the Department of State Can and Can’t do in a Crisis (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/what-state-dept-can-cant-do-crisis.html).
Please see contact information for airlines operating from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport below.
Telephone: +230 603 8000
Telephone: (230) 207-7575; Airport: (230) 603-3030
Telephone: (230) 204-7700
Telephone: (230) 202-6794
Tel: (230) 405-2929 (Head office); Airport office: (230) 603-5903
Please see contact information for airlines operating from Seychelles International Airport below.
Tel: +248 438 40 69
Telephone: +248 4 39 10 00
Telephone: +248 4 29 76 76
Telephone: (+248) 437 6555
Telephone: +248 4288907
Telephone: +248 4391000
Telephone: +248 428 88 88 (+248) 428 88 88
Telephone: +248 430 36 00
Telephone: +248 4322989
Telephone: 248 4288807/8/9
Please see contact information for airlines operating from Aéroport de la Réunion Roland Garros below.
Telephone: +262 262 48 81 81
Telephone: +33 9 70 01 98 02
Telephone: +33 825 013 012
Telephone: +262 2 62 94 83 83
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information pages for updated information on COVID-19 related to the availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our Travel to the U.S. FAQs.
- U.S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius 4th Floor, Rogers House
John Kennedy Avenue
+230 202 4400
- U.S. Consular Agency Victoria, Seychelles 2nd Floor Oliaji Trade Centre, Victoria
+248 422 5256
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter