Event: The Seychelles Department of Health has confirmed 612 cases of COVID-19.
The government of Seychelles has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
Effective January 3, 2021, the government of Seychelles announced restrictions, including the closure of schools, shops, and public restaurants. International visitors are not permitted to change establishments for the following 10 days. On January 13, these restrictions were extended for an additional two weeks. Members of the public are advised to respect and practice measures to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Visit the Seychelles Department of Health website and Facebook for additional information.
If you are planning on departing Seychelles to return to the United States but have been unable to obtain space on a commercial flight, please contact ConAgencySeychelles@State.gov with your name, the names of your immediate family members who are also traveling, and all appropriate contact information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mauritius, Seychelles, and Reunion.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius
4th Floor, Rogers House
John Kennedy Avenue
+230 202 4400
- S. Consular Agency Victoria, Seychelles
2nd Floor Oliaji Trade Centre, Victoria
+248 422 5256
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter