Location: Mauritius, Seychelles, and Reunion (France – Overseas Department)
Event: The Mauritius Ministry of Health has confirmed three cases of COVID-19.
The government of Mauritius has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Mauritius has barred admission to all travelers, including Mauritius nationals, as of March 19, 2020 06:00 GMT. Visit the website of the Mauritius Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
The Seychelles Department of Health has confirmed six cases of COVID-19.
The government of Seychelles has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Seychelles has barred admission to travelers who have recently visited any country in Europe, including the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and the French Departments of Reunion and Mayotte in the last 14 days. All airlines with inbound flights to Seychelles are directed not to board any passenger or crew (except returning Seychellois citizens) who have been to China (including the SAR), South Korea, Iran and places where there has been significant local transmission in the last 14 days. Visit the website of the Seychelles Department of Health for additional information on these new measures.
The Reunion Regional Public Health Agency has confirmed 14 cases of COVID-19.
On March 17, the Reunion Regional Health Agency released an Advisory (French) regarding the potential for COVID-19 in Reunion. The language of the Advisory is available on its website (French). Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Mauritius, Seychelles and Reunion authorities have implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures for all other travelers arriving by air and sea to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mauritius, Seychelles, and Reunion (France- Overseas Department).
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.