Location: Mauritius, Seychelles, and Reunion (France – Overseas Department)
Event: On March 13, the Regional Public Health Agency of Reunion announced four confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the Island of Reunion. As of March 13, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Mauritius or Seychelles.
Local authorities have implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures for travelers arriving by air and sea to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The U.S. Embassy in Port Louis, Mauritius, and the U.S. Consular Agency in Victoria, Seychelles, continue to operate normally.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mauritius, Seychelles and Reunion (France- Overseas Department)
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius
4th Floor, Rogers House
John Kennedy Avenue
Port Louis, Republic of Mauritius
+ (230) 202-4400
- U.S. Consular Agency, Victoria, Seychelles
Suite 23, 2nd floor, Oliaji Trade Centre
+ (248) 422-5256
- After-hours life-and-death emergency + (230) 5253-3641
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Mauritius Country Specific Information
- Seychelles Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter