Location: Local news is reporting a planned protest on Saturday, October 29 in downtown Port Louis.
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on Saturday, October 29 around Place d’Armes, near Rogers House around 14:00
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid Port Louis city due to large crowds and traffic congestion.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid Port Louis city center on October 29, 2022
- Avoid demonstrations
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- U.S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter