Last updated: 10/17/22
***Effective June 12, 2022, the CDC no longer order air passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States. CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Seychelles has confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the country. Pre-travel COVID-19 testing requirements are eased for fully vaccinated travelers to Seychelles. Most travelers are permitted to enter Seychelles. All visitors require a valid Health Travel Authorization (HTA) for entry into Seychelles. This must be done through the online portal at https://seychelles.govtas.com/. Visitors must have valid travel & health insurance to cover potential COVID-19 related costs (quarantine, isolation, treatment). For details, please click here. Unvaccinated travelers must show a negative COVID-19 PCR test done within 72hr before departure or Negative COVID-19 rapid Antigen test within 24hr before departure.
Visitors are also advised to refer to Department of Tourism travel advisory at: http://tourism.gov.sc/.
The overnight curfew, closing time for bars and casinos have been removed and family gathering are now permitted. For details, please click here. The majority of non-essential services and businesses are open. The use of facemasks in public spaces remains mandatory.
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 may be subject to 10 days of strict hospital or hotel room isolation, which may prevent or delay departure. Airlines may refuse boarding to individuals who are unable to provide negative COVID19 test results. Click here for more details.
- Are either PCR or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Seychelles? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- Antigen test results are available within 24 hours. PCR test results may take up to 36 hours.
- COVID-19 tests are available in Seychelles. Tests for the virus are conducted in the Public Health Lab of the Seychelles Hospital and in private clinics. For details about testing centers, please click here. Results are available within 48 hours. Cost of 2500 SCR (approximately $120 USD) must be paid in full by the patient.
- Test results can be sent electronically, or patient can collect the physical copy at the hospital.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Has the government of Seychelles approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Seychelles for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Seychelles? Sinopharm, Astra Zeneca Covishield, Sputnik and Pfizer. For details, please visit the Seychelles Department of Health
Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Pre-travel COVID-19 testing requirements are eased for fully vaccinated travelers to Seychelles. For details, please click here.
- All visitors require a valid Health Travel Authorization (HTA) for entry into Seychelles. This must be done through the online portal at https://seychelles.govtas.com/.
- Visitors must have valid travel & health insurance to cover potential COVID-19 related costs (quarantine, isolation, treatment).
- Visitors may only stay at licensed establishments or liveaboards that have been certified by the Public Health Authority. Click here for details.
- Visitors and crew entering Seychelles by sea must apply for health travel authorization via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors are required to adhere to all health protocols in place at their respective tourism accommodation/liveaboards including wearing of facemasks in common areas.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 may be subject to 10 days of strict hospital or hotel room isolation, which may prevent or delay departure.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes, for not fully or unvaccinated visitors
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Individuals seeking extensions of visa status or residency must contact the Seychelles Immigration and Civil Status Office.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Visitors may only stay at licensed establishments or liveaboards that have been certified by the Public Health Authority.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Masks are required on public transportation. Buses are instructed to reduce maximum capacity.
Fines for Non-Compliance
- Social distancing guidelines remain in effect, however, fines and/or arrests may not be applied uniformly.
- Republic of Seychelles – Department of Health
- Republic of Seychelles – Department of Health on Facebook
- Republic of Seychelles – Immigration and Civil Status
- Republic of Seychelles – Seychelles News Agency