August 6, 2020
- The Seychelles Department of Health has confirmed 126 cases of COVID-19.
- Effective May 4, 2020, the gradual easing of confinement measures was implemented. Restrictions on the movement of people are no longer in effect, however social distancing measures remain in place. Shops are permitted to remain open until 20:00. The majority of non-essential services and businesses are permitted to reopen, subject to provisions outlined by the Department of Health.
- Travelers should check carrier schedules for the latest updates and work directly with the carrier or travel agent to arrange or reschedule travel immediately.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Effective August 1, 2020, only passengers from certain countries approved by the Public Health Authority are permitted to enter Seychelles via Seychelles International Airport. Visitors, including infants and children, coming from permitted countries must have a negative COVID-19 PCR certification from an accredited laboratory. The test must be taken within 72 hours of departure. Visitors may only stay at licensed establishments or liveaboards that have been certified by the Public Health Authority. Click here for details.
- Effective June 1, 2020 entry exceptions were established for private/charter flights and leisure boat passengers, subject to regulations by the Department of Health.
- Foreign workers holding a work permit are not permitted to return until further notice. No new work permits are to be issued.
- Cruise ships are not permitted entry into Seychelles waters until further notice.
- If you are planning on returning to the United States but have been unable to obtain space on a commercial flight, please contact ConAgencySeychelles@State.gov with your name, the names of your immediate family members who are also traveling, and all appropriate contact information.
- Seychelles has three quarantine locations the Military Academy at Perseverance (a 10-minute drive from the capital Victoria), the Maison de Football at Roche Caiman, and the Berjaya Hotel at Beau Vallon.
- Republic of Seychelles – Department of Health
- Republic of Seychelles – Department of Health on Facebook
- Republic of Seychelles – Immigration and Civil Status
- Republic of Seychelles – Seychelles News Agency