Ask a COVID-19 Question
Last updated: 10/21/21
Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
The Seychelles Department of Health has confirmed 22,039 cases of COVID-19. Most travelers are permitted to enter Seychelles with a negative COVID-19 PCR test result submitted before departure and proof of accommodation for the duration of stay. Visitors with physical presence in Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal, and Pakistan within the 14 days preceding arrival are not permitted entry. For additional details, please click here. Visitors are also advised to refer to Department of Tourism travel advisory at: http://tourism.gov.sc/. A curfew from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. is in place until further notice. Shops, bars, casinos, and other businesses are expected to operate shorter business hours. The use of facemasks is compulsory in public spaces, and gatherings with individuals outside one’s household are banned.
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 may be subject to 10 days of strict hospital or hotel room isolation, which may prevent or delay departure. Airlines may refuse boarding to individuals who are unable to provide negative COVID19 test results.
Individuals who receive two consecutive negative PCR test results, with 24 hours between the tests, may be permitted to depart Seychelles within 72 hours.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Seychelles? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
COVID-19 tests are available in Seychelles. Tests for the virus are conducted in the Public Health Lab of the Seychelles Hospital and in private clinics. For details about testing centers, please click here. Results are available within 48 hours. Cost of 2500 SCR (approximately $120 USD) must be paid in full by the patient.
- Test results can be sent electronically, or patient can collect the physical copy at the hospital.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Seychelles approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Seychelles for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Seychelles? Sinopharm, Astra Zeneca Covishield, Sputnik and Pfizer. For details, please visit the Seychelles Department of Health website.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- All travelers to Seychelles must have a valid negative PCR test result of not more than 72 hours prior to travel. All visitors require a valid Health Travel Authorization (HTA) for entry into Seychelles. This must be done through the online portal at https://seychelles.govtas.com/. Visitors who have been to Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal, and Pakistan within the 14 days preceding arrival to Seychelles are not permitted entry. For additional details, please click here.
- Visitors must have valid travel & health insurance to cover potential COVID-19 related costs (quarantine, isolation, treatment).
- Visitors may only stay at licensed establishments or liveaboards that have been certified by the Public Health Authority. Click here for details.
- Visitors and crew entering Seychelles by sea must apply for health travel authorization via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors are required to adhere to all health protocols in place at their respective tourism accommodation/liveaboards including wearing of facemasks in common areas.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 may be subject to 10 days of strict hospital or hotel room isolation, which may prevent or delay departure.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Individuals seeking extensions of visa status or residency must contact the Seychelles Immigration and Civil Status Office.
- Is a curfew in place? Yes
From 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
Visitors may only stay at licensed establishments or liveaboards that have been certified by the Public Health Authority.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
Masks are required on public transportation. Buses are instructed to reduce maximum capacity.
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- Social distancing guidelines remain in effect, however, fines and/or arrests may not be applied uniformly.
- Emergency American Citizen Services are available by appointment at the
- Republic of Seychelles – Department of Health
- Republic of Seychelles – Department of Health on Facebook
- Republic of Seychelles – Immigration and Civil Status
- Republic of Seychelles – Seychelles News Agency