Last updated: 10/17/22
***Effective June 12, 2022, the CDC no longer order air passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States. CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Reunion (France) has confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the country. The French authorities has announced new changes in restrictions in the country starting May 2, 2022. The curfew has been lifted. The majority of businesses are open. Click here (French) for details.
No restrictions apply to travelers entering Reunion Island. Click here (French) for details.
- Are either PCR or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Reunion (France) Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- Antigen test results are available within 24 hours. PCR test results may take up to 36 hours.
- Individuals in Reunion may obtain COVID-19 testing at multiple locations after consulting a medical professional and obtaining a prescription. Cost of approximately 85 Euros must be paid in full by the patient. Visit the Regional Health Agency – Reunion COVID-19 Testing (French) for additional information.
- Test results are sent electronically or via SMS.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of France approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Reunion (France) for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Reunion (France)?
Pfizer-BioNtech and Johnson & Johnson. For details about vaccination, please click here.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry?
- Not required for fully vaccinated travelers; Unvaccinated travelers must show a negative COVID-19 PCR less than 72 hours or antigenic test performed 48 hours before departure.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Visitor permits and visa duration may be eligible for extensions of up to six months. Click here (French) for details.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Masks are required in public spaces, including public transportation.
- American Citizen Services are available by appointment only at the U.S. Embassy in Port Louis, Mauritius
- Routine visa services are available by appointment only.
- Regional Health Agency – Reunion (French)
- State Services of Reunion (French)
- France Public Health / Santé Publique France (French)