Last updated: 01/13/21
- The Mauritius Ministry of Health has confirmed 545 cases of COVID-19. Effective June 15, 2020, an additional easing of confinement measures was implemented. Certain health regulations remain in place including temperature screenings and mandatory face coverings. All non-essential services and businesses are permitted to open, subject to provisions outlined by the authorities.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, access to Mauritius for all long-stay arrivals may be approved with a traveler-financed mandatory 14-day quarantine at an establishment recognized by the authorities, which includes multiple COVID-19 PCR tests. As of December 22, 2020, individuals with physical presence in the UK and South Africa within 15 days may be prevented from entering Mauritius.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Residents and/or tourists seeking extension of status must contact the Mauritian Passport and Immigration Office.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
- All arrivals must undergo a 14-day quarantine at an establishment approved by the authorities. Individuals who have had possible exposure to COVID-19 are placed into quarantine for at least 14 days.
- COVID-19 tests are available at the C-Lab laboratory at Wellkin Hospital on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 09:00 to 12:00. Patients must dial 605-1000 to book an appointment. Results are available within 48 hours. Cost of Rs. 2500 (approximately $60 USD) must be paid in full by the patient. Visit Wellkin Hospital’s COVID-19 announcement (French) for additional information.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Masks are required in public transportation
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- Mask mandates remain in effect, however, fines and/or arrests are not actively applied.
- Routine American Citizen Services are available by appointment.
- Routine visa services are available by appointment.