Last updated: 10/28/20
- The Mauritius Ministry of Health has confirmed 439 cases of COVID-19, however, there have been no confirmed cases of community transmission since April, 2020. Effective June 15, 2020, an additional easing of confinement measures was implemented. Certain health regulations remain in place including temperature screenings and mandatory face coverings. All non-essential services and businesses are permitted to open, subject to provisions outlined by the authorities.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, access to Mauritius for all long-stay arrivals may be approved with a mandatory 14-day quarantine at an establishment recognized by the authorities, which includes multiple COVID-19 PCR tests.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Residents and/or tourists seeking extension of status must contact the Mauritian Passport and Immigration Office.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
- All arrivals must undergo a 14-day quarantine at an establishment approved by the authorities. Individuals who have had possible exposure to COVID-19 are placed into quarantine for at least 14 days.
- COVID-19 tests are available at the C-Lab laboratory at Wellkin Hospital on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 09:00 to 12:00. Patients must dial 605-1000 to book an appointment. Results are available within 48 hours. Cost of Rs. 2500 (approximately $60 USD) must be paid in full by the patient. Visit Wellkin Hospital’s COVID-19 announcement (French) for additional information.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Masks are required in public transportation
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- Mask mandates remain in effect, however, fines and/or arrests are not actively applied.
- Routine American Citizen Services are available by appointment.
- Routine visa services are limited to the following categories: F-1, M-1, J-1 (Exchange visitors such as professors and researchers only), C1/D, E, I, O, and P.
- Republic of Mauritius – Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Mauritius
- Republic of Mauritius – Ministry of Health and Wellness