August 6, 2020
- The Mauritius Ministry of Health has confirmed 344 cases of COVID-19.
- Effective June 15, 2020, an additional easing of confinement measures was implemented. Certain health regulations remain in place including temperature screenings and mandatory face coverings. All non-essential services and businesses are permitted to open, subject to provisions outlined by the authorities.
- Travelers should check carrier schedules for the latest updates and work directly with the carrier or travel agent to arrange or reschedule travel immediately.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Starting Thursday, March 19, 2020, access to Mauritius for all passengers will be denied until further notice. On May 29, exceptions were announced for the repatriation, on priority basis, of Mauritian citizens.
- On May 6, 2020, Air Mauritius announced that regularly scheduled cargo and repatriation flights to Paris CDG may occur twice a week starting May 8. S. citizens travelling to the United States must have onward tickets or risk being denied boarding and/or entry to France. Interested parties should contact Air Mauritius by phone at +230 207 7575 to procure tickets. U.S. citizens are currently permitted to transit Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport only with a direct, onward flight to the United States on another carrier. Travelers are not permitted to leave the international zone and will not be admitted to France. Food and other services in the transit area are extremely limited. Passengers must be prepared to be self-sufficient during their transit. Anyone transiting through France to reach the United States must have an attestation, available here, with the English version here. You do not need an endorsement from the Embassy for this attestation.
- If you are planning on returning to the United States but have been unable to obtain space on a commercial flight, please contact PTLConsular@State.gov with your name, the names of your immediate family members who are also traveling, and all appropriate contact information.
- Individuals who have had possible exposure to COVID-19 are placed into quarantine for approximately 14 days.
- There are at least 25 quarantine centers, including resort hotels, over the island.
- Republic of Mauritius – Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Mauritius
- Republic of Mauritius – Ministry of Health and Wellness
- Republic of Mauritius – Measures to Support Households and Communities
- Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Home Delivery Service