The U.S. Embassy in Port Louis informs U.S. citizens that the Embassy will be closed on Monday, December 24 by order of U.S. President Trump. There will be no visa services or routine American Citizens Services available on that day.
U.S. citizens with emergences should call 230-5-253-3641 for assistance.
We would also like to remind you that in Mauritius and Seychelles, the following dates are public holidays: December 25 and January 1 and 2. The Embassy will also be closed on those days.
The U.S. Embassy in Port Louis is located on the fourth floor of the Rogers House, President John Kennedy Street, Port Louis, Mauritius.
The U.S. Consular Agency is located in the Oliaji Trade Centre, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles.
U.S. Embassy to Mauritius, Seychelles and Réunion:
- Tel: + (230) 202-4400 U.S. Embassy Port Louis, Mauritius
- Tel: + (230) 5 253 3641 After-hours life-and-death emergency number
- Tel: + (248) 422-5256 U.S. Consular Agency, Victoria, Seychelles
- Email Consular Section U.S. Embassy Port Louis: PTLConsular@state.gov
- Tel: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444 State Department – Consular Affairs
- Please see travel warnings and alerts on the Department of State webpage http://travel.state.gov.
- Mauritius Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Mauritius.html
- Seychelles Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Seychelles.html
- To receive security updates, please enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/step.html
- Follow us on Facebook