The following steps will help you get started if you are considering investing in or exporting to Seychelles:
- Are you Starting a Business? If so, contact your local Small Business Development Center (SBDCs). Starting a business can be a challenge, but there is help for you in your area. SBDCs are public/private partnerships aimed at giving educational services for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Research the Market:The Seychelles Investment Climate Statement provides an overview of the business climate in Seychelles.
- Learn About Agreements Signed by Seychelles:
- Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (44 KB) between U.S. and COMESA which includes Seychelles.
- Utilize Local Seychellois Resources:Contact in-country business support organizations such as the Seychelles Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Seychelles Investment Board for further assistance.
- Review the list of US Companies operating in Seychelles: A list of U.S. businesses with local or regional offices and franchises in Seychelles is available here (102 KB).
Investing in Seychelles
In addition to the above, if you are considering investing in Seychelles:
- Contact the U.S. Embassy: The U.S. Embassy wants to stay in touch with current investors. Here are steps you can take to keep us involved:
- Register: If you are an active investor in Seychelles, let us know by email.
- Add us to your mailing lists- we are always happy to stay informed.
- Meet with our economic and commercial team to let us know about your activities and discuss any issues.
- Like and Follow the U.S. Embassy Port Louis Facebook page.
- Use our Gold Key Service: This service can help you find potential agents, distributors, sales representatives and business partners. Further details can be found here.
- Understand the Procedures for Setting up a Company in Seychelles: Guidelines for the incorporation of a company and the registration of a business in Seychelles are available here.
- Obtain Information on Occupation Permits: The Immigration and Civil Status Department’s website is a good starting point for information on working as a professional in Seychelles.
Exporting to Seychelles
The U.S. Embassy in Mauritius is committed to supporting U.S. companies to start or expand their exports in Seychelles.
If you are considering exporting to Seychelles, here are some steps you may wish to consider (in addition to those listed under the Getting Started Tab):
- Contact your local U.S. Export Assistance Center for advice and support on exporting to Seychelles.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy: The Embassy’s Economic/Commercial Section in collaboration with the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service in South Africa provides a number of services to help U.S. companies identify potential local partners. Information on our services is available here.
- Learn about Requirements and Restrictions on Importation of Goods: The Seychelles Trade Portal provides information on import procedures.